The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) measures the language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as a language of communication…‘Read full article’
It uses a nine-band scale to clearly identify levels of proficiency, from non-user (band score 1) through to expert (band score 9)…‘Read full article’
International English Language Testing System (IELTS), the test that’s trusted by educational institutions and universities all around the world, could take you even further: all the way to your ideal academic field, institution, and destination.
Aim and Benefits of the British Council IELTS Prize
Seven lucky IELTS test takers in each of the countries listed will be given a £3,000 prize to turn their academic dreams into reality.
Requirements for British Council IELTS Prize
The 2022 IELTS Prize is open to test takers living in Bangladesh, Canada, Colombia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa.
1. Be 18 years or above;
2. Be a resident of the country you’re applying from (except applicants in Canada);
3. Have taken IELTS with British Council between September 1, 2021, and September 15, 2022, and be able to produce a valid IELTS score in the application;
4. Book an IELTS test;
5. Have a minimum overall IELTS band score of 5.5 or above;
6. Be applying to an educational institution, anywhere in the world, that requires IELTS as part of its admission process;
7. Begin undergraduate or postgraduate studies in the academic year 2023/24;
8. Be able to provide the letter of acceptance from your university latest by September 30.
September 30, 2022.