Millie’s British International School (MBIS), is one of the best and reputable Nursery and Primary School, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Female Nursery Teaching Assistant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
Reason for the Job
- To provide support for our young pupils in the EYFS, the teacher and the school in order to raise standards of achievement for all pupils in the EYFS, to encourage pupils to become independent learners, to ensure their safety and welfare.
- To work as part of a team of early years educators delivering the highest quality of care and education
- To establish an effective and purposeful learning environment in partnership with the teacher and other colleagues
- To be considered, the ideal candidate must be able to easily commute to Jericho, Ibadan.
Main Duties of the Applicant
- To support individual children and groups, under the direction of the class teacher/EYFS leader introducing activities and using a range of strategies to support all children in their learning
- To help prepare and maintain an engaging, purposeful, orderly and supportive environment for learning both inside and outside
- To assist in creating materials for curriculum delivery and display boards
- To plan and lead one to one teaching and intervention when required
- To support the organisation of the learning environment, including the production, maintenance and storage of resources
- To assist with behaviour management within and outside the classroom in an unthreatening but effective manner
- To provide care with regard to the physical welfare of pupils including self-care and other personal needs of children and implement related personal programmes.
- To support with meals and other refreshment prep as time tabled or required; serving children’s food, cutting up, etc and sitting at the table with them to encourage proper eating habits
- Tidying up eating area after meals, washing plates, etc and packing items into individual child’s bag
- Supporting and supervising children as they play indoor and outdoor as well as joining in play
- To supervise pupils on the playground, ensuring safety during playtimes
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Minimum Qualification: NCE / OND
- 2 years relevant experience of working with children aged 2- 4 in a paid capacity as a Teaching Assistant or Learning Support Assistant within a Primary school or Early Years setting
- Excellent communication skills with a particular emphasis on oral skills together with personal qualities of enthusiasm, good humour, determination and resilience
- Good written skills for report writing, maintaining child records and providing feedback to parents and management
- The ability to work in a team in order to achieve successful outcomes for learners
- Good numeracy/literacy skills.
- Competent in the use of IT equipment and technology to support learning
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Understanding of health and safety and welfare issues within a childcare environment
Other Personal Qualities:
- A commitment to the provision of high quality childcare
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities
- Enthusiasm for working with children and passion for promoting purposeful learning
- Ability to build a good rapport with children, parents, staff and other professionals
- A readiness to maintain high expectations and standards for self and others
- Have ability to enthusiastically and loyally promote the school’s vision through behaviour, words and actions
- Punctual and reliable
- Demonstrates helpful, positive, calm and caring nature
- Excellent organisational, record keeping and planning skills.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Do not apply if you do not meet the requirements listed above.