Julius Berger Nigeria plc is a leading Nigerian company offering integrated construction solutions and related services. It is one of the largest private employers in Nigeria with a workforce numbering around14,000 and enjoys an excellent reputation as a reliable partner. It is the parent company of Julius Berger International GmbH based in Wiesbaden.
We specialize in executing complex works that require the highest levels of technical expertise and excel in the implementation of state-of-the-art construction methods and technologies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Job Title: Technical Controller (M / F / X)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Slot: 2 Openings
Would you like to achieve our joint targets in a highly motivated and committed team? Then we are looking to recruit you as a full-time Technical Controller (M / F / X) for the major “Abuja Kano Road” Project in Nigeria.
A four-lane motorway between the capital city of Abuja and the northern metropolis of Kano, measuring around 380 kilometres in length is to be refurbished with large sections being newly constructed.
The project also comprises almost 700 drainage and around 50 bridge structures, which must be strengthened and included in the overall concept. Our experts will be taking a genuine innovation to Nigerian road building in the form of the cold bitumen mixing process as this sustainable method protects resources and significantly reduces emissions.
What duties will you have?
- Report to and support the Head of Controlling and the project management team
- Prepare and update the calculation
- Prepare work reports, analyses (weight and cost analysis) and forecasts
- Desired/actual comparisons
- Check and support the material control team
- Prepare status meetings and quarterly steering meetings
- Prepare monthly work reports and volume controls
- Act as contact for continuous risk analysis and risk reduction (non-conformities and complaints)
- Act as interface for those involved in the process
- Independent preparation, organisation and evaluation of field studies for process improvement
- Preparation and assignment of work and services to subcontractors
- Cross checking on site and the preparation of comparisons of actual and desired volumes and costs
- Degree in Building Engineering (Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, Diploma or equivalent qualification from a polytechnic or technical university) or industrial engineering.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a similar position (ideally with overseas experience)
- Very good RIB iTWO, MS Office and SAP skills
- Experience with handling databases
- Good English skills (written and oral)
- Teamwork, flexibility
What the company can offer you?
- We have a responsible job waiting for you with very good remuneration and various bonuses, social benefits and low tax burden as well as good training opportunities.
- You will receive an extensive travel package from us. This also includes G35 examinations, inoculations, visas and flights.
- We will provide you with furnished, air-conditioned accommodation in the company’s own camp, which has an infrastructure including sport and leisure facilities, a clubhouse, German and international television programmes, etc.
- We work with external partners to ensure that you have the best possible security in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online